Gas explosion in an apartment block at Lutomierska in Łódź

In Łódź News

Two people were injured as a result of a gas explosion in an apartment block at Lutomierska Street 156 in the Bałuty district of Łódź. The explosion happened at around 2am on Saturday morning (02.09.) .



20 residents of the apartment block were evacuated from the building by firefighters and one woman was rushed to hospital with burns. Preliminary findings show that a 22-year old resident of the building forgot to switch off the gas cooker before leaving the apartment. Upon return to her apartment at around 2am this morning, the gas explosion occurred as she switched on the light in her apartment.

It is not yet known if the injuries of the woman are life threatening.

Image: Wiki Commons

You may also read!

Football: Widzew Łódź draws with Ursus Warszawa. 1:1 in front 16719 fans at Widzew stadium (Photos)

Third division (Polish fourth league) club RTS Widzew Łódź drew with visitors Ursus Warszawa at the Widzew stadium yesterday

Read More...

Volleyball: Poland secures victory over Germany in first match of Women’s European Championships

The Polish national women’s volleyball team secured a vital victory over neighbours Germany at the European Championships held in

Read More...

Basketball: Widzew Łódź – Artego Bydgoszcz 51:87 (Photos)

It was a difficult start to the 2017 / 18 basketball season for Widzew Łódź. The Widzew ladies lost

Read More...

One commentOn Gas explosion in an apartment block at Lutomierska in Łódź

  • Presence of mind is the key to safe handling of all gas-operated equipment inside or outside the kitchen. Let’s hope that no lives are lost and that the injured will get a speedy recovery. The 22-year old must not be harshly criticised; she is certainly suffering enough for her unwanted error.

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.

Mobile Sliding Menu